Saturday, December 13, 2014

Some of my Favorite YouTubers

I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but I can lose hours on YouTube watching videos.  It can be almost as bad as reading a good book, only instead of "One more chapter" it's "Just one more video."  I shouldn't be watching them right before bed, because the screen of the phone gives off the wrong kind of light to induce sleep, even with the brightness lowered, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

I have several people I have subscribed to, and I thought I would share a few of my favorites with you.

WatchMojo.com I have no idea who the people behind this channel, but they "Top 10" all sorts of goodies in pop cultures.  "Top 10 Movie Depictions of the Future" which I almost embedded; "Top 10 Superhero Duels" was another I enjoyed.  They've also done videos in Gaming, Wrestling, Commercials.  They are open to suggestions from their audience.  I love to watch for the movie clips, even if I don't always agree with their ordering of the Top 10.



Another YouTuber who does Top 10 lists is Matthew Santoro (his second channel is here).  He comes up with some of the most interesting facts to bend your mind. Like "The Top 10 Creepiest Gifts Ever Given", "The Top 10 Fictional Places That Actually Exist" (See below) and "10 Craziest Laws in the World."  He has a sense of humor I appreciate, and obviously puts time into his videos.  He has recently released some personal ones stating that there are going to be changes coming to his channel, but that's no big deal.  Whatever changes he makes, his true fans won't mind a bit.



Another I like to watch is CinemaSins.  No movie is without flaws, sins, and they show no favoritism in pointing them out.  They can be a bit harsh sometimes, but watching their vids has actually helped me improve my writing.  They've even done a video on their own sins!  Unfortunately, it has had an effect on how I watch movies now...kind of like how reading as a writer changes how you read.  Not completely though.  I still love a lot of the movies they've tallied the sins in.  Divergent, Hunger Games, and even older movies like the Wizard of Oz.

The last one I'd like to mention is Brittney T.V  She's a delightful young woman whose videos are full of energy and positiveness.  She lives in British Columbia, and I'm friends with her on Facebook.  She is very good at encouraging people, whether it is through her vlogs, or her Facebook page.  She also interviews differently celebrities, such as Cameron Radice and Aaron Lamont - a budding film director and an author, respectively.

The video of hers I'm sharing is one of those encouraging ones.  Like she talks about, my life isn't exactly the way I thought it was going to be growing up.  It's had a lot of twists and turns I never counted on.  And while my books aren't exactly taking off like I thought, it doesn't matter because I am where and when I am supposed to be and my books are out there, a lasting legacy long after I'm gone.

Unless the internet crashes.





------

You can purchase my new book Ring of Fire at these links: Kindle and Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment