Monday, December 11, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree


For the first time in years, I have a Christmas tree!


I've had a hard time convincing Mr. Janney that we have the room in our cluttered trailer for a tree, but I got lucky this year and his mother offered us their old one.

Maybe I should have waited until we'd organized things a bit better, but I decided the heck with it since it'll only be up a few weeks. Jaclyn, our dog, is a bit confused, especially since I moved her cage and bed a bit, but she'll adjust. I just worry that her tail will knock ornaments off, it's a bit of a whip when she's excited.

There aren't any lights on it. The set I had was old and only half of it would light up, when it was of a mind to. Which makes me sad, because they were blue lights that made me happy. I probably should have waited until I got a new set to put the rest of my random ornaments on, but I do tend to do things out of 'order'.

I used to have a tiny tree, from when I had an apartment. But it got ruined in one of my moves. That happens. There are quite a few ornaments on the tree, which would never have fit on the tiny tree. Because Christmas ornaments are a weakness of mine. I can't walk through the decoration aisles in any store at all without wanting to buy it ALL! And now that I have a large tree, I so badly want to run out and buy more! Which I'll probably do at some point, or go through my mother-in-law's extra ornaments, maybe for next year. Because...well, just don't look at the backside of the tree!!

I'm feeling a little festive now!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment