Thursday, February 11, 2016

In Sickness and In Health by Robin Janney

This is going to be a short post.  Because...I'm sick.  Either again, or still, I'm honestly nor sure which.

Two Sunday's ago, I woke up around 7am.  Unwillingly.  One of the perks of being a second shifter is I don't have to get up early.  But this morning, I had no choice.  I was freezing!  I had 3 comforters on top of me and was shivering!  I'm laying there, thinking I'm going to have to get up to go to the bathroom and not wanting to for fear of becoming even colder! But I braved the cold, and soon realized I was sick. And already dehydrated enough that I wanted to pass out.  Silly me just went back to bed.  Only to repeat in about two hours.

Of course, hubby chose this morning to come to bed late.  So by the time I asked him to take me to the ER for the dehydration, he had only been in bed about 2 hours.  I'm not the only silly one in my family.  Five hours later and a bag of IV fluid later, I'm sent back home to pretty much go back to bed.  I was also given a note to miss work the next day to give me more time to recover.

I dragged all week though, never feeling like I was bouncing back.

And then, Mr. Janney has the stomach bug.  It didn't dehydrate him thankfully.  But right after he was 'done' with that...he had something else.  Similar symptoms, complete with a 101.4 temperature that lasted two days.  As the temperature returned to normal, he started complaining about chest congestion.

So yeah, guess who can't breathe now?  Can't cough it out.  Feels like she has a small cat sitting on her chest.  And beginning to sound funny when she tries talking, at least to my own ears.  On the bright side, Mr Janney is still sick with it too.  This is what we get for breathing on each other!

It's probably the funky weather.  Warm, then cold, then mild again.  It tried snowing the past two days, and the temp outside has dropped drastically since this morning.  So all, keep warm and try to keep healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment